Friday, December 28, 2007
For the first time, Bugman enjoyed opening his gifts, rather than feeling frustrated that someone gave him a new toy with paper on it. Bitty was even a fan of ripping (and eating) his gifts. Bugman's big gift this year was a train table, which he is enamored with. Bitty enjoys being the Godzilla of the train table, knocking over (and eating) everything. I'm not sure who is going to get more enjoyment out of the train table... Bugman, Bitty, or Daddy!
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Ten On Tuesday
1. My mom and I took the boys to visit Santa at the mall yesterday after school. We thought that if we went early we would beat the line, and we did. Things didn't go quite as planned. Let's just say we have a picture of Bitty Bug... alone, on Santa's lap. Better one than none!
2. Daniel finally got his infected, ingrown toenail fixed this past weekend (paints quite a lovely picture for you, I'm sure.) He said that the experience with a podiatrist was MUCH less traumatic than his previous experience at the family doctor.
3. We are attempting to finish all of our Christmas shopping. I think I have all of the little kids finished (after hours of online shopping for some safe toys for the itty bitty ones). All of you grown-ups on our list... we're struggling here. Feel free to leave a comment and let us know what is on your list!
4. Perhaps this info is a little late, but Bitty has TWO teeth! They popped up a few weeks ago. We're fairly confident that he is working on a third on the bottom right.
5. Bitty is also SUPER DUPER close to standing on his own! Although we're terribly excited to see him developing so well, its also sad to see him getting so big :( You know his 1st birthday is coming up (in March).
6. Through Daniel's job, we adopted two children for the holidays. I requested girls (with visions of pink, ruffles, and BOWS dancing in my head). One of our little girls loves trucks and cars... go figure! It was still fun to shop for the two of them, and know that we are making their Christmas a little brighter!
7. Both of the boys woke up Saturday morning (and by morning I mean 2AM) with nasty colds. By nasty, I mean congested, runny nose, yellow snot bubble blowing colds. They seem to be on the mend, thanks to the Vick's Vaposteam Daddy picked up at the pharmacy. Its pretty nifty stuff. All you have to do is put some in the humidifier and it creates soothing vapors. We've notice a ginormous difference in their sleeping and breathing.
8. Bugman is becoming a 'little daddy' at Miss Kim's house. When I picked the Bugs up yesterday, another little guy had a piece of animal cracker on his face. Bugman was sure if was a "booga," and promptly found a Kleenex and wiped it off for him.
9. I have a new pet peeve. THESE! OK, so perhaps its not the shoes themselves, but rather the parents of the children wearing them. Why, oh why, would you let your child(ren) SKATE THROUGH THE GROCERY STORE ON A SATURDAY MORNING?!?!?! Its enough to make you want to trip them with your cart full of babies...
10. 6 SCHOOL DAYS UNTIL WINTER BREAK!! (not that I'm counting or anything!)
Monday, December 3, 2007
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Kellan and Daddy were very busy today too....
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Whose swing is this anyway??
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Friday, October 19, 2007
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
2. The Bugman has been under the weather. We went to see Dr. Cata last Wednesday, for what we thought was a little wheezing. It turned out he did indeed have a little wheezing, but also had croup, and an ear infection (apparently the ear infection he had a few weeks ago reared its ugly head again). So, we left with a huge dose of steroids, antibiotics, and breathing treatments. He is doing much better, but still has a fairly nasty cough.
3. Bitty has now become ill as well. He had a mild fever last night, and sounded a little horse on and off today. The pediatricians office thought I was joking when I said we needed our own room. If Bitty goes to the doctor it will be our 5th visit, and 7th appointment in about 6 weeks. Seriously.
4. OK,I had to delete this possibly exciting news. More to come later!!
5. Leanne packed up all of the boys toys that were made in China. She likes to think she is just being cautious. It may also be that she is a little crazy.
6. This being said, their are no toys left in our house. Ok, so we have books, some Hotwheels, and some Lego Duplos. Other than that, its very slim pickings.
7. I found the coolest magazine for The Bugman. He is getting a subscription to High Five for Christmas (in place of the 'Made in China' toys that he will not be getting). It's the toddler version of "Highlights for Children," which I read when I was little.
8. The Bugman is super psyched about Halloween this year. He LOVES 'punkin heads,' and is constantly pointing them out everywhere we go.
9. The Bugman asked to go to Target today... perhaps a sign that we go there a little too often?
10. Bitty is starting to grow some hair. Not much, but still, its hair.
Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Sunday, September 30, 2007
We did manage to take a family trip to the park, although a little later than planned. I was ready with the camera, but after one picture (taken by daddy), the battery went dead. Hmm... maybe I should charge it a little more often!
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Anywho, we're back!! Labor Day weekend, we took the boys up to Wegerzyn Gardens. It was quite a trip, and I was pretty sure we were going to be shot at on the way there (apparently it was not a good idea to take the Mapquest directions instead of the Metro Park provided directions... Mapquest was unaware of the ghetto.)
We found out when we got there that it was the last day for the water to be on, so we lucked out by finally getting up there the day we did. We had been rained out of several playdates over the summer.
As you can see we had a great time playing in the water and the caves, and found a few little spots to snap some pics of Kellan OUT of the stroller!
I will get some video or pics (maybe both) of Kellan this week. He is officially a sitter, and a creeper!!!
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
We decided to try again this year, now that The Bugman is 2. What a difference from last year! He was in awe of the animals and was so excited to even pet a few. I think his favorite part was baaing back at the sheep (at the top of his lungs, I must add.)
And of course, being the happy baby he is, Bitty Bug was content in his stroller... as long as someone stopped and flashed him a smile once in awhile!
Sunday, September 2, 2007
PS I know that I've been rather delinquent this week. I promise an update and some photos tomorrow!
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
The big two year birthday weekend was a busy one, with our b-day shopping/ice cream on Friday, party on Saturday, and then a family reunion on Sunday (with eating at 1:00, which happens to be nap time). Now, that was a jam packed weekend for me, and I'm quite a bit older than 2. They weekend went by without a hitch, even with our missed nap on Sunday. Monday started out just like any other Monday, and then I decided to go to the grocery.
I typically do my grocery shopping in the AM before Daniel heads to work, or late at night after he gets home. This particular day I thought I would just take the boys along, especially since we didn't need much.
First I must paint you a picture, because, while this seems quite normal to me these days, and I can't possibly be the only mom that does this, I do get some awkward looks. Imagine this... one cart, one toddler (in the front seat), one car seat (in the basket of the cart), and groceries piled UNDER the cart. Seems reasonable to me. Apparently I'm the only one trying this (although again, I can't be the only mom who takes two small children to the grocery alone... right?)
Our trip was going quite well, then we hit the cereal aisle (did I mention it was 7:30 PM? and Alex had missed his nap the day before?) Kellan was of course being the best baby ever (he is also not two yet) chewing away on a fabric octopus rattle. Bugman decided that he needed a box of cereal. We didn't need cereal, seeing as there are probably 7 boxes of cereal in our basement (they were on sale, OK). I calmly told him that we had cereal at home and it was not on our list today. (He is my 'helper' when we shop and holds our list.) I thought the matter was resolved, and we turned the corner to cruise the next aisle.
I was mistaken, wails of 'CEREAL, CEREAL' came screeching out of this child. No big deal, I'm sure by the end of the aisle, it will be fine. Again, I was mistaken. By the end of the next aisle the entire store is filled with shrieks, and screams from one little two year old boy. Then came the stares. Not the 'look at that crazy mom with food piled on the bottom of the cart' stares, but the 'it sounds like she must be beating her child' kind of stares. I had to make a decision, leave, or stay and finish (we were almost done at this point.) I decided to finish. This decision came at precisely the exact moment I saw blood trickling out of Bugman's nose. As if things couldn't get worse, I had no Kleenex in my purse. I took a deep breath, and asked another woman in the aisle if she had a Kleenex. She didn't. So there I stand, wiping my son's bloody nose on my shirt in the grocery store.
To make the rest of a long story short, we left with one more sippy cup that we don't need, and a little boy pretending there was something in it to drink.
This week, I'll be going to the grocery alone.
Monday, August 20, 2007
Alexander started his birthday celebration Friday morning with a brand new tricycle waiting for him in the livingroom. Mommy and Daddy had put it together the night before. Perhaps I should say Mommy put it together, Daddy took it apart and put it together correctly (Hey, I try).
We went to Toys-r-Us where The Bugman picked out his first Hotwheels cars, and then headed over to Graeter's for some icecream. Of course, a couple of the new cars came along.
Saturday was official party day.
Playing Peek-a-boo with 'Ashy'
Playing in the pool. Playing with new toys. A Blue's Clues Cake
Learning to hit a Pinata.
A lot of candy for two kiddos.
After the pinata festivities were over, and there was a dog head hanging from a tree, and a body on the ground... I began to question this whole pinata thing...
We did manage to get a picture of Bitty Bug and his little cousin Jacob wearing matching shirts. And when I say little cousin, I mean 6 weeks younger. Shorty and his cousin are about the same height, although Kellan wins in roundness!