Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
1. We are still alive and well. I've just been in a blogging/email/photo editing rut. I think I'm back... but with the end of my master's degree looming in a week and a half, we may disappear again until it's over. I'm going to attempt to catch up here.
2. My itty bitty baby turned two. Sigh. He is pretty sure he's a big kid now and his momma is pretty sure he's still a baby...
He had a super time at his b-day party, and a day that looked like thunder storms turned into a decent day to play outside. Unfortunately the pinata is still sitting in the basement... oops, we kinda, sorta forgot about it.
3. Bitty also had his two year appointment with Dr. Cata. He was super unhappy about getting naked, but relieved that there were no vaccines this time... Yea!!
Official stats are:
height - 32.75" 15th percentile (and also predicts him to be a whopping 5'5.5" as an adult... let's hope the old wives tale is wrong!!)
weight - 25lbs 6oz 15-20th percentile
head circumference - 49.5cm 70th percentile
If nothing else, this kid is consistent!
4. This Ohio weather is crap. Winter seems to hanging on as long as it can. Fortunately we've had a few days here and there of decent weather. The bugs are so excited to be able to play outside again. The new favorite pastime?? Riding down the side yard on the tractor or inside the little dump truck. You've gotta love little boys!
5. We've been hosting Friday "driveway dates" (aka Happy Hours) at our house. We've even had a few "out of towners" show up for the event. I think I even have the first picture of Daniel and I together since we got married. I think its frame worthy ;)
6. Bitty has a girlfriend and an arranged marriage. We'll call her little 'L.' Daughter of my friend 'L,' and sister to big 'L.'
7. Bugman thinks big 'L' is the bomb... and they are quite the pair when they're together. Seeing Bugman, Bitty, and big 'L' together, wrestling, is a taste of what life would be like with THREE boys in the house. Hmmm, maybe we'll wait a few more years on that one.
Two little bugs at our house were enamored.
... and their mamma may have gotten a little baby itch in the process. I do love to snuggle me some baby!
9. Bitty got a new pair of Chuck Taylor style shoes on Easter eve and insisted that he sleep in them... over his footed jammies. I love that silly bug.
10. Bugman graduated from a tricycle to a "big kid" training wheel bike. This was spurred on by a neighbor boy, younger than Bugman, who flies down the street with NO TRAINING WHEELS!! We've got some work to do!