Monday, April 28, 2008

bugman's big week - part1

Last week was a big week for The Bugman. He has been a fan of Dora the Explorer and Go Diego Go, for quite a while. We even caught him saying "Swiper, no swiping!" to Kellan in the playroom (which to all of you non-Dora watchers means nothing, but anyone with children, I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.) Grammy found out that Go Diego Go Live! was coming to the Nutter Center, and since she is somehow a member of some club, we were able to buy tickets before they were on sale to the general public. This landed us smack dab in the middle of row 7... and it doesn't get much better than that!
Grammy and Bugman picked me up at school last Wednesday (which was a treat in and of itself.) Bugman likes to climb up and down the stairs to the loft in my room, and stop and see the fish in the big aquarium in our hallway.
When we arrived at the Nutter Center, it was preschool central. Someone started to feel a little shy and didn't even want Grammy to buy him anything at the toy stand. We were also a little intimidated by the immense number of stairs it took to get to the floor. It was then that we saw him, the man smack dab in the middle of row 5, two rows in front of us. I will just say that he was a VERY large man, both tall and wide, which made it difficult for Mommy and Grammy to see, but we arranged it so that Bugman had a good view.
The show was very interactive, and kids all around us were jumping, and growling. Our little guy just sat, mesmerized by it all. We weren't sure if it was a good mesmerized, or bad until the lights came up. Bugman's face lit up with delight as he exclaimed, "That SO fun Mommy! That SO fun Grammy!"
Thursday morning he ran in the door at Kim's house, ran up to David and told him all about. "David! I see Deigo Go!"
I wish I had some pictures, but the announcer let us know that "Flash photography was strictly prohibited." Being the rule follower that I am, I left the camera in the bag, even though I seemed to be the only one who didn't break this rule... so this will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment