1. Tomorrow is the first day of school for PVS (my building). I won't be there. It has been crazy to have an August without the rush of back to school preparations. There is a new teacher in "my" classroom. While I'm a little sad that I won't get to see all of my work friends each day, I can't say that I regret the decision to stay home with the bugs this year. I am incredibly excited to get to be mommy and only mommy 24 hours a day/7days a week for the next 12 months. Then, it will be back to school time for me :)
2. Speaking of back to school, the big bugs start preschool after Labor Day. Bugman will be in a pre-K class on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. Bitty will be in the Beginners class on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays. Bitty has the same teacher that Bugman had last year. I was relieved to hear from her and know that he will have a great time in her class.
3. I am finally completely at peace about deciding to wait until next year to send Bugman to kindergarten. Even though the decision to send him to kindergarten when he turned 6 was made before he was born, I waivered when registration time about. Academically, Bugman has the skills that he needs to start school... BUT I've taught a lot of August boys in the past seven years and have seen how much difference a year can make socially, emotionally, and academically. So, we're waiting, and I know that he will do fantastic a year from now.
4. Since I've been home this summer we've been (very casually) working on some reading skills. Today, while reviewing "-an" words, we read the word "Jan." Bugman read the word, looked at me and said "Jan. Liking janning... that's what we did in Grammy's car today." Ummm, how about jammin' buddy. Then again, maybe janning works just as well when your talking Grammy and two bugs dancing and singing in a car :)
5.The big bugs have been sleeping until 9:00 or 9:30. Benny bug has been getting up to eat around 7:30 and going back to sleep until 9:00 or 9:30. Preschool starts at 9:00. Getting up, fed, dressed and there on time is going to be rough. Did I mention Benny Bug wakes up happy? He chats to himself until Daniel or I go down to get him. I tell you, this little bug is too good to be true. I'm pretty sure we're going to be in trouble when he starts teething. Daniel is our designated night time baby rocker. I do the feeding and he does the rocking if they won't go back to sleep. Wanna know how many nights he has been up with Benny bug?? Exactly ZERO. This kid has gone back to sleep after every nighttime feeding since birth. Oh, and we don't have nighttime feedings since this kid goes to bed by 9:00 and doesn't get up until morning. And yes, I've just cursed myself.
6. I just added a new blog to my daily must reads Nice Girl Notes polite with bite. Hysterical and definitely worth a stop.
7. There's a new blogger in town. I'd link you over, but, ummm, there is nothing there yet. But there will be... soon, and I'll let you know as soon as there is.Wanna know who it is? I give you a hint or two. 1. She's my close relative. 2. She just had my nephew.
8. I actually have a blog with pictures going up tomorrow. No, hell hasn't frozen over. At least I don't think it has.
9. I've been doing the C25K (Couch to 5k) program. My ankles and feet are pretty angry. I think my already flat feet may have gotten flatter with this last pregnancy. They scream at me every morning as I hobble down the stairs to the bathroom. I'm thinking of looking into a good pair of running shoes for these ridiculous feet.
10. I got a Nook for my birthday. (It's an e-book reader). I LOOOOVE it! I can read one handed, while holding the baby. A new book is never more than a few clicks away. I did quite a bit of research on the Nook and the Kindle (and by "I" I mean my mom). I actually did read some reviews. The choice seems to be 6 of one, half dozen of the other. I did find that Kindle owners HATE the Nook and their owners, while Nook owners just love their Nook. I went for the happy side :) Oh, and Barnes and Nobles lets Nook owners read e-books for free while in the store (you know, while the kids are at the train table). AND sometimes gives out free STARBUCKS coffees to Nook owners. WHAT!!