Friday, February 20, 2009

bad mommy

I've mentioned before that Bitty is constantly covered in bumps, bruises, scrapes, etc. Some would venture to call him accident prone, but I would disagree. I think of accident prone as someone who is clumsy (think Bella in Twilight... yes I'm still obsessed). Bitty is just plain fearless and rarely acknowledges pain.

Bitty was playing in the basement last night while I was on the elliptical, attempting the burn off off the FOUR brownies I accidentally ate yesterday. (One downfall of working with all women... there are ALWAYS goodies laying around). He still wanted to play when I was done, so I came up, got some water, sat at the kitchen table by the basement door and started chatting with the Daddy. Bitty is usually pretty good with the stairs, but we keep an eye on him and are constantly reminding both bugs not to play on the stairs and that they can't continually go up and down. Do you see where this is going???

Mommy was not paying attention, Bitty decided to come up and lost his balance a few steps up. Being the panic-y, I don't know what to do, freaker-outer I am, I sent Daniel racing to see what happened. Then I peaked down and saw his mouth covered in blood. The good news is that he has all of his teeth and mommy and daddy knew not to go to the ER (after Bugman's split lip last year). The bad news is that this poor little man has some pretty big boo boos :(

Mommy of the Year then took Bitty to Miss Kim's this morning, knowing in her gut that she should stay home with him. All went well until he tried to eat and hit his lip on his sippy... it was downhill from there. I picked the bugs up and we snuggled on the couch this morning, and then both boys took a GIANT nap this afternoon. Bitty seems to be feeling alot better already,but looks a little something like this...


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, poor little guy! It's a good thing that kids are very resilient and heal quickly. I just had to take Ava to the orthopaedic doctor again because she had twisted the ligament on her elbow (it happened before). Not fun. It's the part of parenthood that I can't stand. Tell your little man to hang in there and hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete