Sunday, May 27, 2007

Working 9 to 5

... or 7:30 to 3:30. I returned to work this week, and wow, was it a long five days! I returned to school for an all day field trip with the AM & PM classes to Boonshoft. Tuesday my sub and I were both in the room as a transition for the students. Wednesday I was in an all day meeting for our new K-1 building. Thursday I was out of my room doing reading assessments on all of my kindergartners. Finally, on Friday, we had a semi-normal day... that is, if you ignore the growing pile of boxes in the corner of our classroom, as I pack EVERYTHING to be moved to the new school. I can't complain too much, because we only have two more weeks until summer vacation, although it feels like a marathon, can it all be done?
My return to work also meant Alexander's return to Miss Tara's, and Kellan's first experience there. I forgot how much stuff it takes to get a little one to the sitter. All of Alexander's things were still at Tara's, but Sunday, after every one's baths, we packed all of the things Kellan would need into the wagon, and off we went to drop it off for the next day. It had to be quite a sight as we hauled it up the street, looking like we were giving our children away....


Please excuse the bizarre spacing... I can't figure out what I've done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment