Thursday, November 15, 2007

OUCH!

Now that Bitty is mobile, it seems that he is constantly (and by constantly, I mean every 10 minutes) falling down and hitting his head on something. The crawling doesn't seem to be much of a problem, it is the pulling up and cruising (yes cruising... again, mommy is fearing an early walker.) I don't remember Bugman being covered in bumps and bruises until after his first birthday, but perhaps I've just forgotten. Yesterday we had our first big, ugly bruise.

I had the day off to take The Bugman to his eye appointment and was getting ready in the bathroom. Bitty was playing in the playroom, which is pretty babyproof, or so I thought. Apparently he decided to pull up on, and then to attempt to crawl over, Bugman's firetruck. There was a pretty loud bang, and then very loud crying. I found Bitty in between the firetruck and the toy shelf. I scooped him up and checked out his noggin. Everything seemed to be fine. Bitty went to Miss Kim's for a few hours while we went to the eye doctor, and when I picked him up, Kim commented on the ginormous bruise on this forehead. She asked if I had noticed it, because she didn't think he could have gotten it at her house. The long slanted bruise was obviously from his fall earier, as it looked like the edge of the shelf. Poor Bitty :(

No comments:

Post a Comment